Calcium and Osteoporosis

  •  

    I received this email from Chad Tackett, Personal Trainer which I thought was very interesting regarding calcium and osteoporosis. I also receive emails from Jesse Cannone and the information he gives is very valuable.

    Here is what Chad has to say.

     I wanted to share a really interesting article with you from a good friend of mine who explains why people who consume lots of calcium still get osteoporosis.

    …and why it can actually do more HARM than good.

    He also includes a link to get his new book The Calcium Lie 2 absolutely free.

    I hope you find this article and his new book helpful!

    Chad

    ----------

    Why doesn’t high calcium consumption stop osteoporosis?

    So asks The Harvard School of Public Health.

    They answer in a special report titled, “Calcium: Too much of a good thing?”… revealing no one gets more calcium than Americans, yet, our rates of osteoporosis in the USA are the HIGHEST in the world.

    Incredibly, this is not a “new” development either.

    For almost 20 years, researchers followed 61,443 women…

    And the women consuming the most calcium did not reduce their risk of fractures or osteoporosis.

    To make matters worse, all this calcium could steal years from your life…

    Yet another study published in Osteoporosis International found calcium supplementation increased heart attack risk 27% - 31% and stroke risk up to 20%.

    Osteoporosis, strokes, AND heart attacks?! Does this mean you should throw your calcium supplements in the garbage?

    Absolutely…

    But NOT because you don’t need calcium.

    Calcium helps blood clot, nerves send messages, and muscles contract. And bones are roughly 70% calcium. It is an essential building block.

    The problem is supplements, milk, and other ‘fortified’ foods usually contain an INCOMPLETE type of calcium. This calcium is missing a nutrient that helps it “stick” to your bones (just because you consume calcium doesn’t mean it beelines straight into your bones).

    This raises another troubling question…what do you think happens if you don’t have enough of this nutrient?

    All this calcium floating around in your bloodstream has to go somewhere, right? If it doesn’t end up in your bones, where does it go?

    Well, sometimes it pools in your nails (those little white spots). Sometimes it ends up as kidney stones (those are calcium too). And sometimes it builds in your arteries, forming plaque that one day may break off and cause a heart attack or stroke.

    (Now you know why doctors prescribe calcium channel blockers to people with heart disease).

    So what is this “connector” nutrient that helps calcium stick to bones?

    It’s called Vitamin K2. It anchors osteocalcin to your existing skeleton. And then osteocalcin sucks calcium out of your bloodstream to build new bone.

    In a moment I’ll tell you exactly how to get more Vitamin K2 through diet.

    But don’t think this is a “miracle cure” for osteoporosis. It is just one key player (remember, bones are roughly 70% calcium. The other 30% is equally important).

    Since this is about more than just bone health I believe it is vitally important you get the full scoop about calcium. Which is why I’m giving away the whole story in an updated free book called The Calcium Lie 2.

    It explains how the medical mainstream obsession with calcium has taken a toll on your health... increasing your risk for heart disease, osteoporosis, obesity, memory problems, cancer, and much more.

    I recommend you click here to grab your free copy while supplies last.

    Thanks for your time and attention, and I hope you found this helpful.

    Jesse

    P.S. VITAMIN K2 SUPPLEMENT WARNING: Right now you may be thinking it is a good idea to supplement with Vitamin K2 (again, this nutrient helps move calcium into your bones to make them stronger and denser).

    And you’d be right...

    You’d be hard-pressed to get enough Vitamin K2 through food because our modern diet usually skips over animal parts like liver and kidneys (which are chock full of it).   

    And unless you eat other foods that boost vitamin K2 (like egg yolks, milk from grass-fed cows, and traditionally fermented cheeses, like Swiss Emmental and Norwegian Jarlsberg) there’s a good chance you have a deficiency.

    But not all supplements claiming to contain Vitamin K2 are created equal.

    Some can cause red-blood cell death resulting in anemia which leaves you feeling tired or weak...with bouts of shortness of breath, dizziness, or headaches...and over time can damage your heart, brain, and other organs in your body.

    So before you put something toxic in your body, I suggest you first read page 166 of The Calcium Lie 2 to get the full scoop on the right way to supplement with Vitamin K2.